;
Live feed signups *Support the Site* u get them through.
*Thank You* for getting your feeds via The Links Here on BBDish!
We're Ready for BB17!!

BB17 Posts: Happy BB17 Premiere Day!, BBDish is Back for BB17!
BB16 EZ Archive: Miss a few Days? Check the BBDish EZ Archive, BB16 Flashback How To: Need Flashback Help? Here ya go!
Cool BB Stuff on Ebay & Around the Net!: Personalized BB TShirts!, BB Auctions, BBDish Swag: TShirts, Mugs & More, BB on Big Brother - Big Brother, Season 11

BBDish! Ya Gotta Have it!

BB17 Starts June 24th!

Google

Sunday, July 20, 2008

BBDish Exclusive Interview with BB10 Dan Gheesling's Sister Kelly

Because of the promos and pre-season interviews, we started the season with all kinds of preconceived notions about the Big Brother 10 houseguests. This statement applies more to one HG than the rest, and his name is Dan Gheesling. We were ready to toss him out with the bathwater before the live feeds even sparked up for the first time...

Now with a week of Dan under our collective belts, we're getting to learn who he really is, and I gotta tell ya, I'm impressed. Tonight's Diary Room session on the Sunday Show makes me even happier I chose to make this the first family interview of the BB10 season.

Without further ado, the Kelly Interview. BBDish-folk, meet Dan's sister Kelly.

Please feel free to post the url to this interview anywhere you like. Copying and pasting, however, is a big no no. Here's the url:

http://bbdish.blogspot.com/2008/07/bbdish-exclusive-interview-with-bb10.html



BBDish-Carolyn: Hi Kelly. Thank you for making the time to talk with us. Dan's fast gone from one of the most hated in the house to one of the most loved. Those pre-season promos sure weren't kind!

BB10 Dan's Sister Kelly: You're telling me! :)

BBDishCarolyn: CBS made sure we knew his politics. What would you like the BB loving audience to know about your brother?

Kelly: Dan is very strong in his beliefs and morals. I can't argue that. Quite frankly, I think it is a very admirable trait of his. Of course the pre-show interviews capitalized on his political and personal stance on controversial issues, however, as you can see now in the house, he is definitely not the type of person to judge or push his beliefs on to other people. The more time he spends in the house, the more I see the real Dan. The funny, fun-loving, compassionate, and loyal person that he is. All of that is not show...that is the brother that I know so well. Even though, I have never seen him with a mustache until last night.

BBDish-Carolyn: Had you ever watched Big Brother before this season? Dan seems to be a student of the game...

Kelly: Big Brother has been our family show since Season One. We are loyal feed watchers and forum readers. So you have to imagine what a surprise this was to our entire family. Dan has watched seasons on and off, but I know he is a huge Dr. Will fan.

BBDish-Carolyn: Have you been watching Dan on the Live Feeds?

Kelly: Of course!

BBDish-Carolyn: This week, Dan's on the block, but he's definitely not the target. How are you and your family dealing with it?

Kelly: Watching Big Brother is always intense when your favorite player is on the block.
Its just a little more intense when its someone you are related to. :) But, whether or not he makes it another week or another month, we are so incredibly proud of him. We back him 100% and if this is his week to go, I know he'll come home with such a great experience and amazing stories for us all.

BBDish-Carolyn: What's your take on Dan's game play thus far?

Kelly: Going into the house, I wasn't sure what his approach was going to be. But one thing I knew for sure was he was set on continuing to be a role model to his students and his football team. I think Dan is playing a straight and loyal game with integrity. He's a smart, crafty guy though... he takes in and observes more than some of them might realize. I'm positive many of his moves are calculated. And its good to see that he can do that without compromising who he is or what he stands for. It's kind of a breath of fresh air in the Big Brother house.

BBDish-Carolyn: Last but not least... If you could have a 3 minute uncensored phone call with Dan right now, what would you want to tell him?

Kelly: Right now I wish that I could tell Dan how proud I am of him. And how much I miss him. And how much we all miss him. Dan is such a huge part of our family, its hard not being able to pick up the phone and check in on him. I would ask him what he has up his sleeve, because I know there is a master plan...and of course, I would tell him to get Libra and Memphis out stat....but...something tells me he already realizes that needs to be done.

BBDishCarolyn: Thank you very much for making the time, Kelly! :) We wish Dan the very best of luck, and we hope to hear from you more as the season progresses.

Kelly: Thanks Carolyn!

Labels:







Permalink







24 Comments:

Blogger ReporterX said...

great job Carolyn! Thanks Kelly!! great reading this one..

I too enjoyed watching this week with Dan..getting to know him a little has been fun..loved his I don't believe in stress talk with Libra..

July 20, 2008 at 6:39 PM  
Blogger Shamrock said...

Awesome !!!

Thanks Carolyn ..... I think Dan might be able to make a run in this game. Libra and Jessie have put big targets on themselves, so maybe the pressure will get off Dan once Steven leaves this week.

July 20, 2008 at 6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great interview Carolyn! Thanks for posting that, it seems like this guy is the real deal.

July 20, 2008 at 6:46 PM  
Blogger mikeinbama said...

Great Interview Carolyn!

I would loved to know what she thought of Brian and their early alliance.

Once again, great interview.

July 20, 2008 at 6:50 PM  
Blogger David B. said...

If Dan survives the block this week he will make it farther than Libra and Renny for sure. IMO

July 20, 2008 at 6:56 PM  
Blogger Julissa said...

Great job! I like getting to know more about the person I initially could not stand. I am liking him more and more and wish I had not judged him so harshly on so little.

July 20, 2008 at 6:57 PM  
Blogger RedRhonda said...

Loved the interview Carolyn! You never cease to amaze me with your wonderful devotion to BBdish!!!

I am very fortunate indeed to have stumbled upon this cite and found such a great community.

July 20, 2008 at 7:14 PM  
Blogger CarolynBBDish said...

Thanks, everyone. :)

Good point, Bama :) I'm hoping this will be one in a series, so I ought to get another chance.

Thanks very much, Rhonda. I'm very glad you stumbled our way too.

July 20, 2008 at 7:18 PM  
Blogger Lilbets said...

Thanks Carolyn...and Kelly too! Great interview!

I've enjoyed getting to see Dan interact more with everyone this week. I like how he doesn't judge and his loyalty is an excellent quality!

July 20, 2008 at 7:20 PM  
Blogger Genie Sea said...

The way he was portrayed in his interview, and the way he answered the questions, made me not like Dan's politics, and I still don't.

However, I like Dan as a person. He is sweet and solicitous and respectful of everyone in the house. He has been playing a smart game since Brian left, and a game of integrity while Brian was there.
He did not cave into the pressure of the house, like Steven, Angie and Ollie did.

Thank you so much Carolyn for the interview and thank you so much Kelly for giving it. You have every right to be proud of Dan! :)

July 20, 2008 at 7:21 PM  
Blogger RedRhonda said...

Mike...great picture, but I miss your cute face !!! Must say though, you do have a great array of pics that I look forward to seeing!

July 20, 2008 at 7:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Already an interview! Yay for that! And Dan has to be one of my faves in the house so its nice to hear from his sister. I believe even more now, and i have since day one, that he is a genuine guy!

Thanks Carolyn!!!...(I didn't dissapear just have had SO much going on this weekend...im home and have hmwk for my summer class done so im ready for some BB!)

July 20, 2008 at 7:22 PM  
Blogger RayRayFad said...

Great Interview. Always good!

July 20, 2008 at 7:27 PM  
Blogger piper said...

Wonderful interview! Thank you Carolyn, and thank you Kelly for taking the time to give us more information about Dan.

I love Dan's morals and integrity. I wish him success in getting to the end of this game.

July 20, 2008 at 7:34 PM  
Blogger Natvtxn said...

I'm kinda behind. Been on the phone a lot today, checking on my Dad's progress. He gets out in a couple of days. YEAH!!

Anyway...thanks for setting up the interview for us, Carolyn. It's so neat to hear what family members think. After all, they do know them best. And you can tell Dano's sis really loves and supports him. Dan seems to be a very genuine open guy. Nice to see that...especially on BB!!

As for the show tonite, and Mr. Tool...Good Grief...what an OxyMoron for the word "respect!" I especially love how he lets the KALO Alliance run his HOH with no qualms. Memphis totally controls Jessie's moves...but, oh yeah, Jessie WANTS everyone to think he "thinks" with his muscles. POINT TAKEN!!

Okay...I only have a little bit of time before BBAD, so I'm going to see if My hubbys 18 inches will fit?! oops...again :)

July 20, 2008 at 7:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great interview Carolyn :) And thanks to Kelly for giving the interview!

I like alot of others did not like Dan at all from the pre-interviews and was hoping he'd go soon but I am a def supporter of the 'sock puppet alliance'. It just sucks how the past 2 weeks have gone. Boo. Hopefully Dan or Angie can pull out and win HOH this week and get one of the other side of the 'mean girls' or one of the 'meathead alliance' haha.

Thanks again Carolyn :D

July 20, 2008 at 7:44 PM  
Blogger Natvtxn said...

Oh...and I remembered what I thought of last night, watching Memphis.

He reminded me (in a distorted kind of way) of a younger Elton John. Especially with those glasses. All he needed was a little bit of seperation between his front teeth. (And by the way, I LOVE Elton!)

July 20, 2008 at 7:49 PM  
Blogger jane said...

We need a new post so we can discuss the ogling/mocking of Jessie the body.

July 20, 2008 at 7:52 PM  
Blogger CarolynBBDish said...

Comin' right up, Jane.. the video's processing. ;)

July 20, 2008 at 8:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Natvtxn....im SO glad to hear things are going better & that he is getting out in a few days!

July 20, 2008 at 8:08 PM  
Blogger CarolynBBDish said...

NatvTxn - I'm so glad to hear your dad's on the mend.

Everyone - New Top Post, by Jane's Request. Ogle away. ;)

July 20, 2008 at 8:14 PM  
Blogger Ida Reilly Dunno said...

I guess I am the odd ball here. I really did like Dan from the beginning even though I was a little afraid he was gonna ruin it for him like Mike last year.

So there it is out I like Dan and I think he is a cutie patootie <3

Great Interview..... but of course

July 20, 2008 at 8:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan reminds me of Eric in BB8. He seems savvy to everything going on in the house. I think he's underestimated.

July 20, 2008 at 9:11 PM  
Blogger kizgold said...

Thank you so much for this interview! I was one ready to "throw him out with the bathwater" before the season started. As a liberal Obama supporter I was not happy with the comment he made about people who supported Obama must have a lack of education. I also considered him sexist. Flash forward..... Dan is my absolute favorite house guest. He seems willing to talk and learn about others issues. I can put aside the fact that we have different beliefs and respect him for his morals. I was already feeling he was learning the way he had thought of Steven's situation and last nights DR proved it. He has integrity and he is doing his students and family proud. Seems to be a little sheltered but I think he will come out of this experience feeling differently about things. I hope Angie gets HOH this week because that will probably keep Dan safe and give some time in between for Michelle and Jessie to not run his HOH. Unless she would put him up. If so I hope he wins. I am cheering for Dan for the win.

July 21, 2008 at 2:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below