;
Live feed signups *Support the Site* u get them through.
*Thank You* for getting your feeds via The Links Here on BBDish!
We're Ready for BB17!!

BB17 Posts: Happy BB17 Premiere Day!, BBDish is Back for BB17!
BB16 EZ Archive: Miss a few Days? Check the BBDish EZ Archive, BB16 Flashback How To: Need Flashback Help? Here ya go!
Cool BB Stuff on Ebay & Around the Net!: Personalized BB TShirts!, BB Auctions, BBDish Swag: TShirts, Mugs & More, BB on Big Brother - Big Brother, Season 11

BBDish! Ya Gotta Have it!

BB17 Starts June 24th!

Google

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Morning in the Big Brother House

BB woke the HGs at 9am - awfully early for a Sunday in the BB house. When the feeds came back on, Memphis asked Keesha if she knew why they'd been awoken so early, and she said she didn't, but that BB had said to be ready in 45 minutes.
    ***Ready for what?!

Just before 10am, BB called an outside lockdown, and 5 minutes later, we got Trivia.

Hmm. The possibilities are many... foremost in my mind are the phone call or possibly a luxury comp, but the latter doesn't really lend itself to a short outside lockdown.

As of 10:51am BBT, we've still got Trivia...

Feeds are back! Jerry got the phone call.

10:53am BBT
Living Room

All the HGs are gathered, and Jerry's talking... saying he wish they could've gotten it. They tell him he deserved it. He talks about who he got to speak with, and apologizes for crying, and thanks them for all their support.

Ollie: You deserved that, man.
Jerry: We all deserved it. They may have thought Joann needed me.
Dan: How'd she sound?
Jerry: She sounded great...

It's a nice time in there at the moment. They're asking for all the details.

Jerry is telling them all to value their families, and the girls to make sure to have babies.

Jerry: I was wondering if America loved me at all, or if I'd walk out of here and they'd throw things at me...
Keesha: That was pretty cool though. Just to hear the conversation.
Jerry: They told me not to worry.. That they're taking care of Joann.. She's a very unassuming, quiet person. I make up for all of the bad side of our family. I hope you all get to meet her.
Renny: I'm glad you got the call. i know you've been concerned about her.
Jerry: I knew she was being well taken care of, but it really hit me yesterday when they said there was a chance of getting a call...

All the HGs keep asking for more details, as if they can connect with their own families and loved ones by proxy.

11:02am BBT
The living room group breaks up. Dan shakes Jerry's hand in congratulations. Keesha gives him a hug.

Jerry goes to the 80s room, holds hid head in his hands and says, "Thank you, America," lays down in bed and resumes crying.

Outside on the couch, Renny says she can't believe he didn't tell his wife he loved her. The others cut him slack on this...and refer to only the positives. Dan and Keesha lead that charge. Everyone is happy he received the call. Well, almost everyone.

Keesha: He did good. I think I would've been a mess.

11:06am BBT
Outside Couch
Renny: I'm gonna get smack talked about me. I just can't believe he didn't tell his wife he loved her. he told the kids and grand kids. If I got a call from my husband, it woulda been the first thing out of my mouth.
Keesha: I don't think he was expecting the phone call to end... It seemed abrupt.
Renny: I know y'all think I'm bad.
Memphis: I don't think you're bad, Renny, but I'm evil too. I think the same way.
Renny: He told everybody he loved them except his wife... I don't get that... but I didn't get the phone call, so obviously they know something I don't know. Then he hugged everybody except me... I was gonna hug him, but he walked off.
    **To cry.


11:10am BBT
Outside - Talk turns to last night...

Dan tell them that Michelle came up to see him last night, but he doesn't want to get into the details right now... They all figure out that Ollie sent her up to plug away against them...

11:11am BBT
BB: Houseguests, this is a lockdown. Please go outside and close the sliding glass door.

11:12am BBT
Backyard Couch

More talk about Jerry's family, specifically a granddaughter who's in med school...

11:13am BBT - Fishies.

11:15am BBT - Feeds are back.
Backyard, Couch

Talk has turned to the educating of the HGs. Jerry's encouraging Michelle to get her degree. Michelle's saying it's not economically feasible, and Jerry tells how he did it at night over the course of 11 years...

Dan, Memphis, Keesha and Jerry are really encouraging Michelle to go to college, and she keeps saying it's really hard in RI to get scholarship money and grant money, etc... It's very clear that she's never actually investigated it. They're helping her with that too, telling her how to get grants and all the different types of grants. She admits she had no idea any of it was available.

Renny's off on the hammock alone.

Ollie's working out.

11:22am BBT
Lockdown's over. Jerry continues encouraging Michelle and tells her to contact him once this is all over and he will help her find the grants. Michelle continues on believing that education is only for the wealthy. Shame on whoever sold her that bill of goods.

11:26am BBT
HoH Landing - Dan & Memphis are playing chess.

Backyard Couch - Jerry is still trying to get Michelle to understand that there are so many scholarships available, she's doing herself an incredible disservice to not educate herself.

Michelle extricates herself from the conversation be going to check on her laundry, telling Jerry she'll probably be on the block next to him come tomorrow afternoon, then heading inside.

CUT TO:
11:35am BBT

Kitchen - Ollie's telling Michelle that they're all right, and she should look into it.

Hippie Room - Keesha & Renny are having a whisperfest. We're going with the Hippie Room.

Renny: I hope tomorrow goes as planned.
Keesha: Me too.
Renny: Are you saying it might not?
Keesha: No! I was thinking about this, between you and me.. Think about it.. i think you and I have a fairly decent chance of staying in..

Keesha runs all the possibilities and determines there are much bigger targets in the house than them.

Keesha: I just think that we're not one of the main targets, because when Dan breaks his word to Ollie, Ollie's gonna be *pissed* and he's gonna go after him hard. Memphis already told me he wont put either of us up...
Renny: They're stupid to keep us both in here... After next week, it's gonna get nuts.
Keesha: Yeah, final 5. That's when it's gonna start to get rough.

Keesha's amazed they'll be the last 2 women in the house. Renny's concerned the men will band together. Keesha thinks they'll go after each other instead.

Keesha and Renny reconfirm their mutual alliance.

Renny says they've got to start studying the details of the house, and that it's going to be important, and that the guys don't notice fine details...

11:50am BBT
Hippie Room, cont'd.

Talk turns to the willpower that will be required of them in the final weeks, and they both congratulate and encourage each other.

Renny & Keesha understand that if either of them are in the final 2 next to one of the men, the man will win, because April, Libra and Michelle will make sure of it. They reconfirm their final 2 promise... and run numbers a little as to the mechanics of the next couple votes.

11:54am BBT
Renny & Keesha exit the Hippie Room and head to the kitchen.

Renny: Where is everybody?

They head to the Spa Room.

Keesha: (Whispers) Ya know when Dan says he wants to take us to the final 3? That's bullsh*t. Why would he wanna take both of us?

Dan appears and asks them if they want to join him in the pool.

Dan: You have nothing to be paranoid about. I just wanna let you know that. I'm hearing all kinds of things...
Keesha: About us?
Dan: No.. Just all kinds of things...

Dan leaves. Renny worries it's her that's being talked about. Keesha's not worried because she's never said anything bad about Dan, "except when I called him the Mole that time, but I told him."






Permalink







52 Comments:

Blogger Toni said...

Good afternoon Carolyn and everyone!!!

Yay for Jerry!! ;-)

August 24, 2008 at 10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jerry got the call!

August 24, 2008 at 10:59 AM  
Blogger ninjagirl said...

I'm so happy for Jerry...he did deserve this even though he's been not so nice in the house....it's good to see the other HG's are happy for him too.

August 24, 2008 at 11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great for Jerry, but I am shocked Renny or Dan didn't get it, since when is Jerry America's favorite???

August 24, 2008 at 11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can it be the pov ceremony?
gosh i hope so, i'm looking forward to find out if he goes ahead with the plan to backdoor michelle, and her reaction....but i heard it was gonna be monday...
oh boy, after jessie was evicted, she blew her top, i'm expecting something a lot worse since its HER that will be leaving...i'm giddy with evil glee just imagining her reaction....
terrible huh?
wendy2

August 24, 2008 at 11:03 AM  
Blogger Marie-Andree said...

goodness it's a good thing that April is still not in the house. She would of been outraged that she was not picked by America.
Happy for Jerry and his family.
Carolyn hope that you had a great bruch.

August 24, 2008 at 11:05 AM  
Blogger JulieB said...

Great for Jerry!! I'm soooo happy for him.

He may not have had the best moments in the house, but I still like him, especially when he's the papa kinda guy.

August 24, 2008 at 11:07 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Jerry's not my favorite house guest, but I do think he deserved the call, above the others. Yay Jerry!
This might make the Jury house a little nicer for him :)

August 24, 2008 at 11:08 AM  
Blogger JulieB said...

And Michelle has the big pout going on. Covering up and hiding in bed.

Poor thing. NOT!

August 24, 2008 at 11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Jerry. I don't know if he is America's favorite but despite what he has done and said we still feel for him because of his age.

If the plan goes off without a hitch Jerry probably has a while left in the house. He won't be anyone's target, except Renny, and they will be busy trying to get the others out first.

August 24, 2008 at 11:09 AM  
Blogger WendyLady33 said...

Wendy2 - i am looking forward to how Michelle acts after the POV as well. I'm sure a lot of things will be thrown/slammed/screamed and cursed!

Morning everyone! Over did myself yesterday and paying for it big time today so will be off and on while i rest my back and hopefully (fingers crossed) get the pinch to ease off.

August 24, 2008 at 11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So happy for Jerry. Had tears in my eyes when he was talking.
Cindi W

August 24, 2008 at 11:10 AM  
Blogger JulieB said...

And Renny is certainly being hateful (maybe spiteful) UGH doesn't look good on her at all.

August 24, 2008 at 11:11 AM  
Blogger ninjagirl said...

Lindsay, I don't think Jerry is America's Favorite, but I think people felt sorry for him, and I know I specifically didn't vote for Dan (my favorite), because it would cast more doubt & suspicion on him about being America's Player....I think other people felt that way too....

August 24, 2008 at 11:12 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Afternoon Carolyn!! How was brunch? I hope you enjoyed your time away.
I'm glad Jerry got the call. I'm NOT a Jerry fan (though I was hoping to be before the season started), but its not just the HG that gets this reward its their families too... I think Jerry's wife needed that more then any of the others families!

August 24, 2008 at 11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow second lock down of the day. Could this be the POV ceremony coming soon?

August 24, 2008 at 11:14 AM  
Blogger jane said...

I don't think Jerry is America's favorite, just that he's been very alone in the house and his wife probably needed him. I think it's more about compassion than favoritism. Sometimes we actually have compassion in this country.

As for not saying I love you, who knows? Maybe it was too much for him to handle. Maybe she just knows. It's impossible to judge other people's intimate relationships. We never have a clue. Renny can be pretty intolerant sometimes, which is surprising.

August 24, 2008 at 11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think Jerry getting the call had anything to do with being America's Favorite. I think we all just felt really sad for this old guy who is so isolated in the house- no real friends, no one to lean on. He's an ass, but he's still kind of like everyones' grumpy granddad. We felt sorry for him- moping around the house. I don't really like him but I'm glad he got the call.

Joy

August 24, 2008 at 11:17 AM  
Blogger jane said...

I still can't get over how much we all agree on things this season. I think something and by the time I post it five people have said the same thing.

August 24, 2008 at 11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just think there taking the phone away. Michelle I live in RI. Not that much $$ to go to school here.I sent 3 kids!
Cindi W

August 24, 2008 at 11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michelle the state is so small that you could live at home. Oh ya no frat partys there.
Cindi W

August 24, 2008 at 11:26 AM  
Blogger Mee-Maw said...

Michelle needs to get over herself. All she does is feel sorry for herself and if she really wanted to go to college then she could just like everyone else does. She said that she would have to win the power ball now. Oh poor baby!

August 24, 2008 at 11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They should have an open bar set up just before a big competition just to see who could resist. I guess that wouldn't be fair though since they don't all drink.

Jerry probably didn't feel the need to verbalize how he felt to his wife ... remember patrick schwaze in Ghost ... he always said "ditto" instead of "i love you".

I love renny but she can be a bit cold and frank sometimes. I'm amazed she is so protective of Keesha, who i love as well, but I could certainly see Renny ripping into for various things.

(psychic-ly sending) Dan ... Don't Trust Memphis! He will throw you under the steam roller without hesitation, because he knows he could never win vs. you in the final two!

August 24, 2008 at 11:28 AM  
Blogger Ladydanyell said...

Maybe Michelle is to busy partying and coming home drunk and drinking with her parents to find out about student loans. Give me a break! "Why don't they like say this in Rhode Island?"

August 24, 2008 at 11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess so ninjagirl. I also too did not vote for Dan because I was worried they would be more suspicious of him. However I really thought Reeny would have taken this. I don't care how old Jeery is, I was not voting for him!

August 24, 2008 at 11:30 AM  
Blogger Marci said...

And here we go with the poor me and Michelle. "I can't afford to go to college". Obviously she has not even checked into it. How can you not know about all the grants out there. The HG's are all telling her the sames thing. "Why doesn't Rhode Island tell us about that?" Give me a break. Ever heard of the internet Michelle? With the income she stated on her Myspace and she says she lives at home, why can't she afford it? My guess is she isn't smart enough to get in!? Sorry, but that is ignorance at her age!

August 24, 2008 at 11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, please Michelle. Anybody can go to college nowadays! I work in Camden, NJ, one of the poorest cities in America and there are 3 colleges within 4 blocks and many people go on scholarship! No more complaining and NO, it isn't working, making people feel sorry for you and hoping you'll win! I worked full time and went to grad. school part time and it took me 4 years, but I did it! You can too...it's called priorities, honey!
Lee

August 24, 2008 at 11:32 AM  
Blogger jane said...

I'm giving Michelle some slack on this too. It can be a lot harder to conceive of education when you are the first. People don't realize debt for college is not like regular debt, it's very flexible and forgiving. I still haven't started to seriously pay back grad school and it's been 15 years. The government wants people to be educated, but I come from a family where even my grandmother who was born in 1900 went to college (teacher's college), so the perspective is different.

August 24, 2008 at 11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shall we get the violins out, Michelle?
Lee

August 24, 2008 at 11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No POV yet, just a tease and the oddest conversation of why Michelle didn't go to college.

August 24, 2008 at 11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As for Michelle, I think it is so funny that she is on to Dan. Ollie, however is in denial. Tomorrow, I truly believe Ollie will go into a state of shock! He seriously thinks he has the power and that Dan is stupid enough to take out one of his own players!

I am soooo mad I have to work tomorrow and miss all the drama on the live feeds. Thank goodness to the wonderful dish chicks I can catch up here! Thanks for all your hard work, it really is greatly appreciated!

August 24, 2008 at 11:37 AM  
Blogger GaYToR said...

Good morning to the DishChick Crew and to all us commenters.

I had forgotten about the phone call and since I turned on feeds at their normal wakey time... OK... I was wrong. AGAIN! It won't happen another time now a very long time.

I hate to keep Renny bashing, but she really is showing her true colors with her trash talk about what Jerry didn't say and what she would have said to her family. Renny Gurl! If you are in shock and get just a few minutes there is no way you can say it all.

Her isolation to the hammock is more telling than all the rest. I believe she may have had a sense of entitlement and knew that it was going to be her to get the call because America loves her. More proof of her hateful and vindictive side that she has been showing the last 10 or so days.

I'm really going to try to stay off my Renny Rant bandwagon today, but if anyone else wants to bash her, I would love to read it. Heck, I'd like to read differing views that might change my way of thinking. I'm not only an open book, I have an open mind (and shirt and jeans and zippers and... well you all know me by now... use your imagination as to how far I could go with that.

:o)

August 24, 2008 at 11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Michelle has a real inferiority complex. She craves approval and will probably do anything to get it. If Dan and the others worked with that in mind they could probably turn her from the dark side.

August 24, 2008 at 11:39 AM  
Blogger spnshacres said...

I am am probably looked at as a mean person.. BUt im glad Jerry got the call i voted for him.. But Before Michelle finds out she can get a pell grant and go to college they need to teach that idiot how to eat. she chews twice then swallows as she is smacking.. My Grandmother would have made her leave the table if she was still alive and in there.. im sorry i feel about michelle same as i did Natalie and Jameka.. Could not stand any of them. as for Dan Keesha memphia and renny they can rule if Dan does not get a stupid streak. But i have noticed when a person gets HOH they go stupid..

August 24, 2008 at 11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's been stated that Dan went back on his word by evicting Jesse. I don't recall Dan ever giving his word to either side, unless it was edited out for TV?? Can anyone tell me for sure if he did or didn't give his word?

August 24, 2008 at 11:41 AM  
Blogger GaYToR said...

jane said...

I don't think Jerry is America's favorite...

You are absolutely on target there Jane. We weren't voting for America's Favorite, we were voting for America's CHOICE. There's a big difference in those two words.

I voted for Jerry to get the call. He certainly isn't my favorite, but he was my choice because family means so much more to someone his age. Not that everyone there isn't missing their family, but.. well fill in the blanks. I'm hung today. (Auntie Mame's way of saying hungover.)

:o)

August 24, 2008 at 11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just got back from my weekly food shopping so missed the call from home for Jerry. I don't like Jerry but I too, am thrilled he got the call and actually had tears in my eyes reading it here (thank you caro ♥ you!)

Did you see Michelle throw herself on the bed last night crying (tantrum) when she found out she wasn't getting the call? She really is a sore loser, or she thought America loved her best?

Finding out she is going up AND going home should be worth watching! Wish it was on the feeds!

August 24, 2008 at 11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Michelle is probably more interested in getting drunk then getting an education. All that girl talks about is how she really hopes BB gives them alcohol every night. Its getting old hearing her say that every single day! LOL!

August 24, 2008 at 11:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello Everyone. Hope you had a wonderful brunch with you mother, Carolyn.

I am very happy for Jerry that he received the phone call... And him not telling his wife he loved her, I am sure after 50 some years of being married, it just goes unspoken at times...Some people just have this understanding...I use to tell my husband I loved him and he would say ditto, back at ya, just different things at different times. I just knew he loved me...Every relationship is different and we can't judge for we don't know their relationship... I am sure Jerry and his wife have a very loving relationship.
I was on here all day yesterday, and late last night. Today I have work to do around the house. Will be checking in to see what is going on in the BB house..
Everyone have a Great Sunday!!!

August 24, 2008 at 11:47 AM  
Blogger GaYToR said...

Tella at 11:16 (two posts back) you hit the nail on the head. I hope the Ollie Doll's head was under that nail.

I guess it's an age thing. How we appreciate our families more for just who the are. I'd give anything to be able to have a 30 second conversation with my grandparent, great grandparents, or my mother or father.

Tella said...

...I would love to have Jerry as a grandpa anyday. He is full of vitality. Mine happens to be very cold and sixth feet under.


EXACTLY!

:o)

August 24, 2008 at 11:54 AM  
Blogger Mee-Maw said...

Anon @ 11:46

All the more reason for Michelle to go to college because with all the partying going on she will fit right in. However, she will never finish.

August 24, 2008 at 12:03 PM  
Blogger Marci said...

Carolyn - I have a feed question. I always launch from here, but It still times out. Is there a setting in preferences that needs to be set to stop that? I can't seem to find an answer elsewhere.

August 24, 2008 at 12:08 PM  
Blogger CarolynBBDish said...

Hey everyone :)

There's a new top post... ;)

Afternoon.

August 24, 2008 at 12:09 PM  
Blogger GaYToR said...

Caroliyn, I loved this:

Keesha's amazed they'll be the last 2 women in the house. Renny's concerned the men will band together. Keesha thinks they'll go after each other instead.


Does Keesha actually watch BB or any other reality TV? With very few exceptions, at least on the shows I watch, it's the women that eat their own, as they already have by only having 3 women still in the house. Men usually just don't do that. They bond and their bond isn't full of jealousy and fear.

And with that I am going to veg on the sofa and watch Men's Water Polo. Gotta love those underwater shots. >:) Not to mention the Speedos and hairy chests... I could go on, but then I would be typing with one hand and I know no one here wanted to see that typed out so I will stop with an "I'll be back."

I know Carolyn and all of you are on top of things.. OOPS... there I go again... ^Ä^...

Just :o)

August 24, 2008 at 12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not sure why everyone seems to think that it is common knowledge that anyone can go to college. I guess if you come from a family that has been there, it just seems natural, but when no one you know of has been, it does seem to be something only rich folks get to do.

August 24, 2008 at 12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, like a lot of you, think Renny is funny and entertaining but I also feel that she is not only a loose cannon but will sell anyone out, including Keesha to get to the end. I think, rightfully so, she feels she can win against anyone else if she is in the F2.

Her hate against Jerry and Memphis has been evident for a long time. She still can't let go of the fact that Jerry put her up in the first week. "Get over it Renny" nobody knew anyone that early and her Jessie had been the ones causing upset in the house at that time. As far as Memphis goes, he can be rude and too frank at times but nobody else takes it so personal.

I think Renny is use to getting her way and if you don't agree with her or do as she wishes you're on her shit list.

I think if Keesha, Memphis, Dan and Renny get to the F4 and she is nominated she will cause more problems than Michelle will and whoever nominates her will live in terror for a week. I just hope that it's Memphis that does the nominating as he will handle it a lot better than anyone else as he doesn't really care because he already knows he won't get her vote.

I also think that Keesha will use her to get to F4 but she also knows she can't win against her in F2, so my question is would Keeha want Dan or Memphis in that F2 with her? I'm betting Memphis because of the situation with him winning the car.

As far as the question Dan has broken his word so far, I don't beleive he has. With Jessie he gave his word to not vote him out only for the week prior to the actual week he did vote him out. He only hm mmm when it was brought up the week of the actual eviction. Also with Ollie, the agreement was that Ollie couldn't tell anyone, which he has and that would nullify the whole deal.

So for the long post but I have felt so strongly since her HOH that Renny is not to be trusted, although I do think she will stick with the plan for this week.

Mary

August 24, 2008 at 12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michelle is really getting on my nerves!!! I myself am a broke single person from RI with a degree...because the one thing that is very easy to get help with in RI is financial aid, and grants. Also there are specific loans that the only way you can be turned down is if you have already recieved one, no credit checks no turn down, the only catch is if you dont start making paymets by 6 months AFTER you graduate they are allowed to garnish your wages!

I have NO sympathy for this girl! there are so many ways she can get help for school around here!

according to her myspace she is a realtor ( I looked it up at the company she works for...she is a secretary) and claims to make 75-100,000 a year. She is only looking for people to feel bad for her and give her attention!

August 24, 2008 at 12:46 PM  
Blogger Boomer said...

anon @ 12:20 -- they go over the grants and scholarships in high school! It isn't some big secret. From day one in high school that is all they drum into the kids' minds -- go to college and they DO tell them about grants and scholarships and how to learn more. As someone else said, one only needs to walk into the financial aid office of any community college to learn this stuff. And then there is the internet.

My guess is that Michelle just wasn't paying attention. To further guess, I'm guessing that since her parents are immigrants (or are they first generation? Seems like Michelle has said her parents were both born in Portugal, but not positive about that) to this country Michelle may well have gotten the idea that a college education isn't for everyone from them!

I don't think it is as easy to get a 'free' or at least a financed education in all other countries as it is in ours. So, she probably tuned out the college talk in high school because she'd already gotten the message at home that college was beyond her reach. They told her, but she wasn't listening because she believed it didn't apply to her...or she was out partying that day. Who knows...one thing is for certain -- she knows now and so if she REALLY wants to go to college she will find a way.

August 24, 2008 at 12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anon @ 12:20pm,

I would not say that college is for all "rich people".
My family and I grew up struggling for who knows how many years. My parents still work a factory job, and has been for the last 10+ years. I am going into my fourth year of Nursing this coming September at our local University, and you know what? My parents and I paid for my first two years of school by ourselves. We sure did struggle through it, and not a penny was wasted! I am finally graduating next April =), and I will be the first to graduate with a Bachelors Degree in my family!

In my eyes, I believe anyone can do it. The question is, how hard are they willing to work for it?

- Liz from Canada

August 24, 2008 at 1:03 PM  
Blogger RedRhonda said...

Hey All...Hugs to my BB dish buddies! ♥

As far as the whole college thing with Michelle...there could be a lot of things going on. Yes, for some it does seem that it is only open for the ones with money. Even with everyone explaining it to Michelle, she is hesitant..that could be her playing the whoa is me card, but it could also be just plain scared.

Growing up for me college was not even an option...after my kids had both graduated from college, my son dared me to try to go back to school! Yeah right...45 yrs. old ! Well, scared as hell, I did do it, but not something I ever thought I would or could do!!! Just some insight on what Michelle could be thinking. BTW....school changes a hell of a lot in 20 yrs.!!! Had to take time off since Mom passed and we had Dad move in...take care of him now, but still have my books, etc.

I know too much info....but hopefully explains some psyche of someone going back to school.

August 24, 2008 at 1:05 PM  
Blogger Marci said...

OK, I'm confused - are they thinking we aren't human again? I don't get an Afternoon Report. Did someone put me on the block? Or lock me out of HOH? Please say it's not just me!?!

August 24, 2008 at 1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I almost forgot =(

♥ Good mid-afternoon Carolyn, dishchicks, and everyone!! ♥

August 24, 2008 at 1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below