;
Live feed signups *Support the Site* u get them through.
*Thank You* for getting your feeds via The Links Here on BBDish!
We're Ready for BB17!!

BB17 Posts: Happy BB17 Premiere Day!, BBDish is Back for BB17!
BB16 EZ Archive: Miss a few Days? Check the BBDish EZ Archive, BB16 Flashback How To: Need Flashback Help? Here ya go!
Cool BB Stuff on Ebay & Around the Net!: Personalized BB TShirts!, BB Auctions, BBDish Swag: TShirts, Mugs & More, BB on Big Brother - Big Brother, Season 11

BBDish! Ya Gotta Have it!

BB17 Starts June 24th!

Google

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Big Brother 2 Hour Finale

Everyone who's been following us on twitter for the past several months knows we launched a campaign about 8 weeks before the show started to get everyone tweeting to CBS that we Big Brother fans wanted & deserved a longer finale this year.

Guess what? CBS listened!!!

The network has decided to double the show's Tuesday, Sept. 15 season finale, expanding it from one hour to two, insiders close to the production confirm. The grande-sized "Brother" will air live from 9-11 p.m., with Julie Chen set to host.

Look for the two-hour "Brother" to mix all the traditional elements of the final show -- specifically, the crowning of a winner-- with an extended reunion segment featuring return appearances by ejected houseguests. There will, of course, be a studio audience.

CBS's decision to double down on "Brother" is no surprise given the show's stellar ratings this season. Despite being in its 11th season, the show is up 5 percent in overall viewers-- an almost unheard of growth for such a veteran show.

In years past, producers have had to cram a whole bunch of elements into a one-hour finale, leaving limited time for reunion elements and cast interviews.







Permalink







14 Comments:

Blogger ~Debs~ said...

Yay!!! Finally!!!
it's 10 seasons overdue!!!

August 20, 2009 at 8:17 PM  
Blogger Reneep. said...

Caroline you are gonna end up with your own show girl friend!! Just got home to see the show, sad to see Nat still in the house. Storms are over in my part of MS. On a sad note.. I would ask all of you to keep the Simmons family in your prayers tonight, in a freak accident their 18 month old baby girl Shay Anne got ran over and she passed. This accident has effected my entire small town.So please send prayers of understanding peace to this family. You guys are great, Remember to hug the ones you love,never walk out the door mad,and tell the ones you love that you do.Sorry to be a drag, but life is but a second in time. So once again love and happiness to you all.Renee

August 20, 2009 at 8:25 PM  
Blogger Maggoo32 said...

Yahoo!!! Now that's what I'm talk'in about! It about time that our BB show got the respect and 2-hour finale that it should. I can't wait! Thank you to all who made this happen. U R Awesome!

August 20, 2009 at 8:31 PM  
Blogger Kirche said...

I loved hearing you on The Inside Dish. Thanks for everything you do Carolyn!

August 20, 2009 at 8:46 PM  
Blogger Reneep. said...

Okay have to move on to something different.. Go Jeff! Okay GaYToR I have shoes and clothing for you now, who are you on your show? Still coming to NO soon with or without the others.Never told the hubby I was gonna go see another man before hee hee.Hope you take tips from girls!!! Big smile

August 20, 2009 at 8:51 PM  
Blogger Coffee Break Mom said...

Now if they will just show us Jeff's HOH so I can go to bed I will be happy lol :)

August 20, 2009 at 8:55 PM  
Blogger erinnyc said...

So happy about the two hour finale. However I still have a gripe. The final week is always the dullest on the feeds. Couldn't they entertain us more by doing two hour show before?

I am from nyc, so I am always complaining! Also, I am now drunk! Nevermind!

August 20, 2009 at 9:40 PM  
Blogger *^*^*MsFitzTX*^*^*^ said...

Wonderful news! Yay for all the Tweeters!!!

Reneep, horrible accident. Many prayers for the Simmons family.

August 20, 2009 at 9:43 PM  
Blogger Michie (Boricua) said...

Yes Yes Yes Yes!!!! I just want to say thank you for everyone who tweeted!! This is another victory for us Big Brother Fan and Dishers ofcourse!!! Have a great night!!!!!!

August 20, 2009 at 9:51 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

This is my first post, but I have reading every day, with my job I do not get tine to watch much TV, I want to thank you all for your great posts and keeping me and other well informed.I not sure if anyone commented on when Chima was talking about her brutal rape. I have been a Corrections Officer for 34 years, so I know my way around the system. She stated the rape was 10 years ago, if you figure 1 to 2 years for the trial, that means that they gave him the needle in only 8 years, I have never heard of someone being executed that quick, the average time someone is on death row is 22.8 years. I'm not saying she is laying, but with everyone on that show I take what they say with a grain of salt.

August 20, 2009 at 10:10 PM  
Blogger erinnyc said...

I almost exploded when Jeff was chubby in his kid pictures and more self conscious than Jordan. I might still explode.

August 20, 2009 at 10:39 PM  
Blogger erinnyc said...

Jordan and Nat were just talking game, and bb brought fishes. I am done with that. I saw it all in that instant.

August 20, 2009 at 10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!!!! Two hour finale!!!

Now they just need to put cameras in the jury house. :)

August 20, 2009 at 11:33 PM  
Blogger tg said...

Reneep...How horrible. I will send prayers that way. Such a shame. I hope the family is doing ok, well as can be expected...

Holy maceral, a 2 hour finale. It is about time.

Way to go for all you tweeters. I dont tweet but thankyou, thankyou thankyou !!!!!!!!!!

August 21, 2009 at 12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below