BB13: Monday Wake-up, Aug 29
Good Morning BB Dishers!
Since Pandora has returned the duos this week and Rachel has won the veto, Rachel and Jordan will be coming off the block to be replaced by Shelly and Adam, today. In anticipation of this, both Adam and Shelly have begun their campaigning to Rachel and Jordan who have been handling it like a well-oiled machine.
Adam seems to have rejoined his "fake" alliance, for the next few days anyway, as a result of his immediate peril in the game and his learning that Kalia has gone around talking about her F2 deal with him. Shelly started by trying to mend the bridge she burned with Jordan on a personal level, and swallowed her hatred for Rachel to promise them the BB sun and the moon. As of now, Rachel and Jordan are definitely leaning toward working with Adam and evicting Shelly whom they trust less. The power now lies in their hands.
It's still a long way to Thursday, so you can count on more campaigning and machinations on the live feeds.
To get a bird's eye view on the discussions and events from last night, refer to Carolyn's well-crafted, entertaining and detailed Overnight Report.
While I wait for the final 6 to be woken, I would like to take some time to muse on the game we all love to much.
Throughout every season, we have to keep reminding ourselves that this is a game, but it isn't "just" a game. This is a game that traps people in a house together and throws physical and mental hurdles for them to overcome. This can be emotional, mental and physical torture. We, as fans, become invested in them because this game shows people in our their faults and glory.
This season, like others in the past, is sparking quite a lot of passion and heated debate, and some horrific reactions. We have to remember that the house guests, like the rest of us, are human with the full spectrum of emotions, abilities, triumphs and downfalls. We also have to remember that every single person who is and has been in the house has loved ones and people who truly care about them in the real not the "reality" sense of the word, and what we say about them will not only hurt them but all their loved ones as well. We need to be fair and compassionate towards them because no matter how much we want to put them in the roles of villain and hero, the truth is, they are neither. They are simply people.
Every year, when our favorites tumble, when circumstances don't go their way, there is always an outcry against production rigging and favoritism, in the house and outside. Alison Grodner and other members of production have vociferously and repeatedly stated that they have no favorites in the game, whether you choose to believe it or not, and the twists they throw in are to keep the game interesting and the viewers invested. This is, after all, a money-making entertainment venture, not a charity event. The bottom line is, they provide what we love to watch, and they have done it brilliantly throughout the years. As a fan of the game, I appreciate this, despite the fact that often the people I have been rooting for did not make it to the end, or won.
I have seen many comments and tweets from fans and past house guests saying that so-and-so doesn't "deserve" to win. To that I say, whoever makes it to the end, with whatever means and circumstances took them there, deserves to win. It might not be the one we like, or the one who has played the "best game" in our estimation, but they got there, whether it's as a result of their smart moves or others' bad ones, and for that reason alone they have earned the right to be crowned winner.
That's it for my musings. Game on!
9:01 AM BBT
Wakey, Wakey House Guests!
9:14 AM BBT
- Jordan and Rachel are awake and chatting about getting ready.
- Adam and Shelly are talking about the upcoming PoV ceremony. Adam ponders jokingly whether they will use the Veto on themselves. Shelly comments that they are protecting each other "like mother and child".
- Adam comments about starting DRs and Skippy does his thing.
- When the feeds come back shortly after, Adam is talking about Biore strips and face scrubs he did last night in HoH.
- Kalia has joined them, up uncharacteristically early, and Shelly greets her exuberantly saying that the song they played this morning is about their Final 4.
- Skippy, ever-conscious of copyright infringement, intervenes.
- A minute later, Kalia and Shelly are teasing Adam about them all making him more girly. Shelly comments that the house is aging her.
- Kalia goes back to bed. Adam says he's nervous; and Shelly tells him not to be, that he should know they're going up and then they have to fight. She goes inside for another pack of smokes.
- Jordan, who has gotten up, returns to the Candy room and gets back into bed. Rachel isn't feeling well and stays in bed. They lapse into quiet slumber.
- Shelly has rejoined Adam outside. Talk turns to the Veto ceremony. Shelly says that this happened as a result of Porsche opening Pandora's box and that it was a thoughtless move on her part. They discuss this for a bit and Adam wraps it up that their fates lie in Rachel and Jordan's hands and that they will make the best decision for both of them. Shelly agrees there will be no separation.
- Adam decides to lie back down. He goes to the Candy room, tells the girls what time it is and hops back into bed.
- Porsche is up in HoH.
- 9:38 AM BBT, Jordan gets up to get ready and has a brief super-sonic whisper-fest with Adam. I don't catch what they said, but they shook hands at the end of the brief encounter, so I am assuming she reassured him that he was staying.
- Rachel, who was out of the room, speeds in and speeds out to the bathroom. Jordan asks her what's wrong and why she's acting like that. Rachel says she's feeling weird. She thinks she has a stomach bug.
- 9:55 AM BBT, Rachel has revived and is putting on make-up, while Jordan, fresh out of the shower, does so as well (f1 and 2) Rachel and Jordan chat pleasantly.
- Shelly is doing laundry and pacing in the backyard.
- 10:12 AM BBT, the two are still primping in the bathroom and chatting. Shelly joins them. They greet each other pleasantly. Shelly hops into the shower while the girls do their hair.
- 10:21 AM BBT, and is very complimentary. She proceeds to do her hair as well.
- F1 and 2, 10:27 AM BBT, Adam reaffirms to Jordan that they're "good". They discuss Shelly, her back-and-forth and that she's now trying to cover her tracks. Jordan makes sure that Adam is on the same page going into the next HoH competition. It's a brief conversation but a pithy one.
- F 1 and 2, 10:43 AM BBT, Porsche is quizzing Adam about who told Rachel that Janelle gave her the lucky ring because Rachel asked about it. Adam is mystified. Skippy is too. We get brief palm trees and when we come back, Jordan has joined them outside, soon to be followed by Rachel.
- Rachel is called to DR.
- 10:48 AM BBT, Trivia. PoV Ceremony under way.