;
Live feed signups *Support the Site* u get them through.
*Thank You* for getting your feeds via The Links Here on BBDish!
We're Ready for BB17!!

BB17 Posts: Happy BB17 Premiere Day!, BBDish is Back for BB17!
BB16 EZ Archive: Miss a few Days? Check the BBDish EZ Archive, BB16 Flashback How To: Need Flashback Help? Here ya go!
Cool BB Stuff on Ebay & Around the Net!: Personalized BB TShirts!, BB Auctions, BBDish Swag: TShirts, Mugs & More, BB on Big Brother - Big Brother, Season 11

BBDish! Ya Gotta Have it!

BB17 Starts June 24th!

Google

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Frankie Grande's Eulogy for his Grandfather ~ Including the Letter from Mama Grande

What follows is a full transcript, plus screencaps, of Frankie's Eulogy for his beloved grandfather, Frank Grande.  Some things just deserve to be preserved in print for eternity.  This is one of them.

9:05pm BBT
Camera 3
HoH Room

Hello, everybody.  Today has been one of the most difficult days of my life.  I've never had to..

Well, first off, I'm gonna start by reading the letter I got today from my mother, and then I'll go from there.




My Dearest Frankie,

We love you and miss you so much.   I'm sitting her with Nona, Ari and your cousin, and we're so sad to tell you, Grandpa lost his battle with cancer.  

Although it is so difficult, we thought it would be the right thing to tell you.  We love you so much and want you to know that grandpa said specifically, a few days ago, that if anything were to happen, he wanted you to know, how proud he is of you, and that he is rooting for you to win.  Even though he had no idea what was going on in the show.  He was watching just for you.  Live feeds and all. 

He also insisted that whatever happened, he didn't want to interfere with this opportunity for you... 

All of us are he... All of us are here and encouraging you to stay in the game and work hard, like Grandpa did his whole life, and as Grandpa wanted you to.  He said it himself, "please don't think about coming home."   Think about how much Grandpa wanted  you to stay.  He's watching you from heaven, and I'm sure that's better than any live feed we've got.

Be strong, as he would be, and smile, because he deserves to be celebrated.  Take your time.  Take deep breaths.   We love you endlessly and are staying strong over here.

We are waiting for you to have a celebration of his life when we are together in person at the end of September. We love you so much and want to hug you.  

I love you, 

Mommy

P.S.  The 4 of us just spent 40 minutes fighting over whether or not we want to tell you that we want to hug you, because we don't want to tempt you to come home.  Stay.  Be strong.  

Frankie:  So that was the letter that I got today, and this has been a horrific time for me, mostly because I'm not with my family, in this time of need for them.  Like, I know the pain and the suffering and the anguish that my family is going through. 

About 6 years ago, my Aunt Judy passed away.  And she died of breast cancer.  Breast to hip to spine to bone to liver.  That's how the cancer went through her body.  And they gave her 6 months to live, and she lived for 7 years.  Because she's a fighter.  And my grandfather gave her that fight. 

My grandfather spent every single day of his life fighting for his family and for.. For his family, that's what he was fighting for.. You know, he fought for his country.

 
In the Army..  He fought for his family every day.  He was not a well-off man.  He was born to very humble beginnings.. and he worked every single day of his life to get the money and the fortune that could support his family...


..as he wanted them to live.  He had dreams.  He had ambitions.  He had goals.  And he worked his butt off every single day to get to that place, so that we were provided for.

You know, he gave birth to.. Well, he didn't give birth.  hehe.  He sired 2 beautiful girls: Joan and Judy.  And  those 2 women are pillars of strength and pillars of fight.  My aunt Judy, who I just mentioned, she was the 1st female president of the National Press Club.  My grandfather instilled the values into her that made her want to do that.  To be the 1st Woman President of the The National Press Club.


That was because every single day, he came home and he told her, "Work hard.  Try Hard.  And you will succeed." 

My mother took a company that he was the president of..  My grandfather gave her that company, and she turned it into 3 companies.  All while she was raising me, my mother did this..  because she was strong, and she had in her the Grande fight...


..that my grandfather gave her.   And now, this letter tells me.. that he..


..he wants me to stay here, and he wants me to fight.   He's proud of me.  He's proud of what I'm doing in this house, and.. This house is hard, man.  This is rough.  I've had to do things and play roles in this house that I would never be outside of this house.  Like, @FrankieJGrande?  The fun, loving person that he is outside of this house?    Is still there.  He's waiting for me to pick him up as I walk out the door, but you know, I'm not..  I'm playing a character in this house.   I'm playing many different characters.  I'm playing many different roles.


And I'm doing it all so that I can win 500,000 dollars, and that I can build schools in Africa.. for children who will then go on to live better, stronger lives.  I'm doing this for education.  I'm doing this to help people who do not have access to the luxuries that I had.

You know, because of my grandparents, I went to the best schools.  I was a triple major.  I gradated Biology., Theatre, Dance triple major with  dual degrees.

I never did drugs.  I never partied.  I never drank alcohol.  All I did was study.  I put my head down, and I wanted to...

I wanted to be my grandfather.  That's all I've ever wanted to be in this life.. was my grandfather.  I've wanted to be him, and I've wanted him to be proud of me.  Because he worked so hard, and he instilled in me that desire to work hard and achieve.
You know.. Everything I've ever done, I've tried to do in his image.

My name is Frank Grande.  His name is Frank Grande.  I was named after that man.  You know, he said Frank Grandie. Now we say Grandé.  I changed it.  I'm the one who changed it.  Frankie Grande. 

But uh.. Frank Grande was my grandfather.  I was named for that man, and every day that I am alive on this planet, and on this earth, I try to be like him. 

he was an impeccable dresser.. Man never was out of a suit.  He took such pride in his appearance.  Always a suit, always a tie, even when we were tanning.   I want someone to please look up on my Instagram, scroll down, and find the picture of my and my grandfather tanning, because that epitomizes our relationship.  Me in a little speedo,  him in a full suit, and we are lying next to each other...


..baking in the sun.. Except he's in a full suit.  That's that man.

He taught me.. how to take care of my nails.  He taught me about the beauty of a manicure.  He always had manicured hands, always had manicured nails, because he took such pride in his personal appearance. 

Oh God.. One of the strongest, greatest, greatest men to ever walk this earth, and he survived cancer twice, before succumbing to cancer.  This is his..  third battle with cancer.  He had colon cancer. Survived.  Stomach cancer.  Got 90% of his stomach removed.  Survived.

90 years old.  Diagnosed with stomach cancer again.  And some might say this is a failure, this is the final battle that he didn't win..

I don't look at it that way.  Look at the legacy that he left behind.

He left behind, well, he brought to this world 2 beautiful, beautiful girls.  One of them is no longer with us, but she's up there watching, and she gave birth to one of the most beautiful, incredible women on the planet, my cousin Lani.  She's working National Health, and she's out there trying to help the world become a better place.  World Health.  World Health..  Add she's married to an incredible man.  She's gonna have a wonderful life.. And.. That's part of his legacy. 

His daughter Joan?  Well, we know who she gave birth to.  She gave birth to Frankie Grande.  She gave birth to Ariana Grande.  And, we know that Ariana's killin' it.


There's.. He.. He passed away knowing that his granddaughter is one of the strongest, most talented and most successful young artists of this generation.


That is an enormous gift, and Ariana was grandpa's.. was the light in his eye.  You know, the apple of his eye.   I was always Nona's favorite.  She was always Grandpa's favorite.  We can say that.  That's fine.  Because favorite means like this to this to this. It's not like, Oooh, well you're definitely the favorite.  It's a little thing.  It's just something we always said.  I always had Nona, she always had Grandpa, but his legacy living on through her is.. unbelievable.   And he got to see that.  He got to see her play Madison Square Garden for Jingleball.  He was there when she got to go on Ellen.  He was there when she got to go on The BillBoard Awards.

He got to watch her do all these incredible things, and he passed away seeing me fighting in this house.   AndI hope he was proud of me.  He said he was proud of me, so I believe him.  Ya know, cuz, this is not a game that instills pride.  You know what I'm saying?  Like, this is a hard game.  This game is not something that is easy.  It's not something that you play to win without getting your hands dirty.  But that's how he fought.  That's how he lived his life.  I learned that from my grandfather.

If you want something in the end, you gotta get it.  You gotta fight for it.  And sometimes you gotta fight any way you can.  And I feel like, as long as your intentions are good, and as long as I'm..  Next week..

BB: Victoria, you are not allowed to talk about your Diary Room sessions with other Houseguests.

Hold on. I forgot people can hear of the (bathroom) door's open.  

Next week, if I...

BB: Zach, please do not quote dialog from movies.

Next week, if I um.. if I get another assignment from Team America?  And I win?  And I've won all the ones to this date.  I will have raised enough money to build a school in Africa.  And today, I've decided that I'm going to name that school after my grandfather.  It'll be the Frank Grande Educational Center. I think it'll be.. I haven't decided between Malawi, Mali or Burkina Faso.  But I will go there, and I will build a school in his name. 

And I will continue to fight.  And I will continue to use the lessons he gave me and the strength that he gave me to win this game, because, now there's no option.

He sacrificed.. He didn't sacrifice his life for us, but he did.  He laid down everything for us.  We were his entire life.  He gave us everything that he could ever possibly, provided for other people.  He never thought about himself.

He worked to the day he died.  My 90 year old grandfather went to work!  Every day.  Work.  Like literally to work.  He spent hours working.  He was an electrical engineer.  He would draw blueprints and charts and graphs and...

So.. I appreciate that he wanted me to stay here.   I hope that you all support my decision in wanting to stay here.   And I hope that honestly, everyone that's watching this, you help support my family, because I can't do it right now.  I'm stuck in here, and my grandfather has told me that he wants me to stay in here and he wants me to fight, because he believes in why I am fighting and he believes in why I'm doing this.

So I'm gonna stay here, and I'm gonna fight, but I need you guys to help have my sister's back.  My sister is probably a mess right now, and I can't hug her, so you have to.
My mother, I need you guys to hug her for me.  My Aunt.. Oh my Aunt. She passed away.  My cousin.. My grandmother.. My Nona.  Hey Nona, if you're watching this, you have to stay strong, because I need your hugs as soon as I get outta here.  I need my grandmother to hug me as soon as I leave this Big Brother house, because it's gonna be rough, and I know you guys are out there fighting, and I'm in here fighting, but I need you to be there for me when I get out.  I wanna see my Nona.  I wanna see my mommy, I wanna see my sister,  I wanna see my cousin Lonnie.

Lonnie, I charge you with being me!  Ya know?  Remember how I was  the rock 6 years ago?  You gotta go be the rock, cuz they need you.  You need to be there with them.  I have to know that you have their back, and that you're gonna be with them all the time.  I just need that.

And uh, again, everyone that's out there in the twittersphere, in the universe, all the Ariana-tors, all the Frankie-steins.. Thank you.. for all your love and support.  I know it's out there.  I know that you guys are there for us.  And I know that I can't be, so I put my faith in your guys' hands.

And to my family, I love you so much.  Thank you for telling me.






If I had not found out about this, and I walked outta this house and found out about it?  It would have been devastating.  But you've also given me new desire to fight.   I have something else to fight for now. 

I'm fighting for my grandfather's legacy, and not only to build schools around the world, I'm gonna build schools in his name... around the world.  So.. I'm here to fight.    I love you guys so much.  It's been a very rough day.  My heart and my prayers are of course with my family in this very, very difficult time of need.  I thank you for all of your prayers and all of your love, because I know they're coming.  I feel them. 

I was actually thinking about it earlier today.. About.. In the Kabbala, you know, we meditate on 3 letter sequences that each have a power core, and I was thinking about which one to use for my grandfather... and it was contacting departed souls.  That was the 1st time that it actually sat in for me that he's no longer here.




But I'm gonna be strong, and I'm gonna stay, and I'm gonna win HoH, and I'm gonna win this game.  And I'm gonna do it for my grandfather.

I'm gonna do it for my Nona.  I'm gonna do it for my mother.  I'm gonna do it for my sister.  I'm gonna do it for my cousin.  Oh, God.  Cuz they told me they want me to.   And I know my family.  If they wanted me home, and they couldn't handle it, they woulda been like, "Come home! Open this letter.  Walk through the back door, and I will be waiting there with a car.  You'll get to the airport, and you'll be there."  I know that.  That's how my family works.   So the fact that they're telling me I can stay means they've got things under control, and I don't have to worry, which is great. 

Oh God.

"The 4 of us just spent 40 minutes fighting over whether or not to tell you that we want to hug you, because we don't want to tempt you to come home.  Stay.  Be strong." 

That's it.  They said it right there.  You know I love you guys.  From the bottom of my heart.  And, hey, to all you Big Brother fans out there that are watching,  thank you for the support.  I'm gonna play this game harder than ever.  So do not think that because I'm in mourning, that you're gonna get any less of a fight outta me.   I'm gonna fight harder, and it's gonna get.. maybe bloodier...  but I'm doing it.  I hope I'm making you guys proud too.   You people that don't even know who I am.. at all.. outside of this house..  I hope that you're excited and proud of me too.  Cuz I'm staying here to fight, and I'm gonna win.  And.. I love you guys.. And I love and respect this game.

And a huge thank you to Big Brother and to CBS for letting me, having me in this house, for telling me about this information, and for letting me send this message out to my family.. and to my fans.. and to my loved ones.   I love you guys so much.  MWAH.  I'm gonna go be strong now.  I love you guys.  Enjoy.  And thank you to tvgn for Broadcasting this. 

And.. Rest in Peace.. Frank Grande.  90 years old.  One of the most remarkable men to ever live on this earth. And thank you, for all that you've taught me.  Thank you for being my father.. when I was 2 years old... and I broke my leg, and you walked me through the mall every single day until I was healed.  For teaching me how to swim.

For teaching me how to play Pool!  Thank you, Grandpa, for teaching me how to play pool, because I'm kicking some ass in this house because of you, so thank you very much for that lesson that I've learned from you.  Thank you for teaching me how to dress like a gentleman.  Thank you for teaching me how to act like a gentleman.  Thank you for teaching me that family comes first.  Thank you for teaching me how to fight through adversity.


And thank you for being the greatest role model a grandson could ever have. 







Permalink







14 Comments:

Blogger Jennib said...

So beautiful. <3 I'm a Frankie-stein!

July 24, 2014 at 1:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I watched this last night on BBAD, and broke down when he did. Seeing the screen caps of him breaking down caused me to break down again.
Thank you, Carolyn. ♡ Your sweet heart is the reason I like your site over the others. ♡

July 24, 2014 at 2:19 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Thank you Carolyn for taking the time to post this for us. It must be hard for him not to be with his family at this time.

July 24, 2014 at 2:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm od ing on Frankie...what, is this the Frankie show? ugh

July 24, 2014 at 2:41 PM  
Blogger Tella @TellaKG said...

I watched this last night and was in tears. We all have stories and seeing Frankie's play out as it has is touching. His grandpa sounds like a most wonderful man... and it seems he taught his family that hard work pays off and life doesn't come easy... but do good. What an amazing thing that he got to see his off springs do so well. That is a gift many don't.

I think Frankie will keep him close to heart and kick ass, as he has been. I am not always liking the HG Frankie... but I sure like the man he is in life. <3

It's also nice to know that this seems to be the new way CBS and BB deals with serious situations. It is the right thing... because if somebody wants to leave, they can.

Finally, rereading this again, it had me teary eyed.

July 24, 2014 at 2:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for posting that in it's entirety. Tears running down my face. Hugs to Frankie & Family!

July 24, 2014 at 3:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for posting that in it's entirety. Tears running down my face. Hugs to Frankie & Family!

July 24, 2014 at 3:06 PM  
Blogger Good Times said...

Beautiful! Prayers and love to Frankie and his family!

July 24, 2014 at 3:24 PM  
Blogger Mappy said...

Incredible man.

July 24, 2014 at 3:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Simply Beautiful.

Thank you Carolyn for letting me read his words and feel his heart.

xo
JudyinNJ

July 24, 2014 at 3:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! Beautiful! Tears rolling! <3

July 24, 2014 at 3:59 PM  
Blogger Danyelle said...

Thank you for posting this Carolyn... I watched it, and cried, and now reading it back again, I cry.. It must be so so hard to be in that house with this going on outside of the house. I do think they did the right thing by telling him though, and I hope they saw this last night.

July 24, 2014 at 4:12 PM  
Blogger jro said...

well... everybody can hate me for this opinion... bb isnt about individuals getting this kind of attention, imo. i was no frankie fan b4 this tragedy, and nothing has changed now, other than i think he got an emtional leg up over the other hgs. we all have experienced pain like frankies feeling. i just hope we can get back to the game soon... donny win hoh, put frankie up on the block, and derrick you rally the troops and send frankie packing. frankie has to go if any of these other hgs plan on winning, my condolences frankie... now back to the game!

July 24, 2014 at 5:19 PM  
Blogger pickedonalways said...

so very sad to hear about Frankie's grandfather passing away. my thoughts and prayers are with Frankie and his family during this tragic time.

may Frankie be comforted by knowing that his grandfather was proud of him and that he wanted Frankie to stay in the BB house.

I have no doubt that Frankie will stay in the house and play his heart out to honor his grandfather.

the outpouring of comfort and support from his fellow HG's and from all of his fans must be very dear to him.

what a beautiful eulogy. I cried as I read it and I cried for Frankie. may he find peace and comfort from his religious beliefs.

RIP Grandfather Grande.

July 24, 2014 at 7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below