;
Live feed signups *Support the Site* u get them through.
*Thank You* for getting your feeds via The Links Here on BBDish!
We're Ready for BB17!!

BB17 Posts: Happy BB17 Premiere Day!, BBDish is Back for BB17!
BB16 EZ Archive: Miss a few Days? Check the BBDish EZ Archive, BB16 Flashback How To: Need Flashback Help? Here ya go!
Cool BB Stuff on Ebay & Around the Net!: Personalized BB TShirts!, BB Auctions, BBDish Swag: TShirts, Mugs & More, BB on Big Brother - Big Brother, Season 11

BBDish! Ya Gotta Have it!

BB17 Starts June 24th!

Google

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Big Brother 13: Interview with Rachel's Mom, Noreen

Last summer, after Big Brother 12 was over, I went to TheVegasBash and had a complete blast. So much so that I'll be going back for it again this year. I hope to see many of you there!

In addition to meeting and getting to hang out with many of the HGs and fans that I've been talking to for years, I also got to meet Rachel's parents. They're absolutely lovely people.

What follows is a BBDish exclusive: Part 1 of a 2 part Interview with Rachel's Mom, Noreen! I hope you enjoy it!

BBDishCarolyn: Hi Noreen, Thanks so much for taking the time to talk with me! With 2 daughters getting married, and your own business, I'm sure you're incredibly busy!
Rachel & her sister Elissa

Noreen Reilly: You are 100% correct with that statement! But these are beautifully busy activities. We have been planning the weddings and gown shopping…I must say, when a mom sees her daughter put on a beautiful wedding gown…I am certain that for all mom’s, it is one of those teary eyed moments. All of sudden you are flooded with the images of your little girl playing in the back yard, hair blowing in the breeze, and now you sit here amazed at the woman she has become. Chills go up and down your spine!


BBDishCarolyn: It was so great meeting you last year in Vegas. I hope to see you again after BB13. Tell me, are you watching the feeds this season?

Noreen Reilly: Well my dear, you know I was so taken with your warmth that we purchased the live feeds through BBDish this year.

BBDishCarolyn: Wow! Thanks! That's so sweet of you!

NoreenReilly: I am able to watch the feeds at pivotal points, and of course I watch the show. We talk to the television, telling Rachel and Brendon what they should be doing! LOL! Of course we TiVo it. I also read your transcripts. They are so entertaining.

BBDishCarolyn: Thanks so much, Noreen... Now, Rachel just won her 2nd HoH, and we're only 3 weeks into the season. Has Rachel always been such a competitor?

NoreenReilly: I am amazed at Rachel’s ability to consistently win HoH. I am so proud of her abilities. She trains hard to win these competitions. She takes it seriously. Rachel has always been a competitor. Kevin and I have always enrolled Rachel and Elissa in activities. Additionally, my husband’s family are competitors. AAARG!

BBDishCarolyn: Did Rachel do anything special to get ready for Big Brother?

NoreenReilly: Well yes. As I said, I am amazed at Rachel’s commitment to this game. She loves the show and takes her role so seriously. She trains at the gym; watches back episodes; and studies the game. At the gym she lifts weights and trains with ankle weights to make her legs stronger. I think these training exercises are apparent on the show. Additionally she has a true affection for the game and the people who work on it.

BBDishCarolyn: Do you have any favorite Rachel moments from the show?

NoreenReilly: I love: "Are you ready for Double Trouble???" "Who wants to see my HoH Room" and I love the way she looks at Brendon!! Of course, I love it when she or Brendon win anything! We go wild at our home! We do the happy dance!!

BBDishCarolyn: What do you think about Brendon on the show?

NoreenReilly: Well let me say that I do love Brendon on the show. He is playing a thoughtful and strategic game. He is so physically able, and pours his heart and strength out for the game!

BBDishCarolyn: Rachel and Brendon have had their share of arguments in the house this season. How do you feel about your son-in-law to be?

NoreenReilly: Oh My Goodness! Brendon is the most thoughtful and considerate young man. I was staying in a condo in Vegas, after the first show, to spend some time with Rachel. Brendon wanted to stay with Rachel and I, so I could get to know him, and feel comfortable with him. He could have stayed at Rachel’s apartment. He could have easily said, no thanks, and I would have understood. But Brendon emphasized that he wanted me to get to know him. He genuinely is so much fun! Full of life and energy! Smart and polite. He would open doors for me; and always make certain that I got where I wanted to go. He would open doors for Rachel and always made certain she was comfortable.

BBDishCarolyn: Are they argumentative like this outside the house, or do you attribute this to the pressure-cooker environment?

NoreenReilly: Brendon is very attentive, and honestly I never saw a controlling side. I never saw them argue once. It was the same when he came to our home at Thanksgiving. When Rachel visited us in June they talked on the phone 3 and 4 times a day at least. My family loves Brendon. I just think that they both want this so badly.

BBDishCarolyn: Is there any advice would you like to give them?

NoreenReilly: I would advise them to chill. You are only young once.

BBDishCarolyn: Given the opportunity, what do you think Brendon and Rachel would want to say to their fans?

NoreenReilly: Oh Carolyn, Rachel and Brendon are so passionate about their fans. They have a deep respect for their fans and how they put themselves out for Rachel or Brendon. So since Brenchel frequently talks about the affection that they have for their fans, I think first they would say: We love you; we thank you and you mean the world to us. When life gets crazy our family and you are the rays of sunshine that we think about.

Dishers... Stay tuned for part 2 of the interview with Rachel's mom. I'll be publishing it later this week... :0)

Labels:







Permalink







19 Comments:

Blogger Sassy Sis said...

Great interview...she seems so sweet!!

July 24, 2011 at 9:57 AM  
Blogger jluvsturtles said...

WOW! So awesome! Thank you, Lovely Caro!

July 24, 2011 at 10:01 AM  
Blogger Seany527 said...

This is great! I loved reading it!!! Good job!!!! : )

July 24, 2011 at 10:08 AM  
Blogger Grendon said...

I know you are always fair on this site. But I also know you have opinions.

I know you try not to play favorites. But I also know you do have favorites. (Russell)

I was just wondering, when you meet some of the BB alumni or their friends and family, is it harder to write about them and be unbiased? Especially since some of them often do come across as villains or are disliked by a lot of fans.

July 24, 2011 at 10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was great Carolyn.. I will be anxious to read the rest of the interview..

I am so glad I am a B&R fan. Rachels Mom seems so sweet. I think it is great you met her, and the best this is how much she likes you...which by the way is easy to do..mwah..

I love that she got the feeds from you and she reads your reports..

You just have all kinds of goodies to share with all your dishers...

Great job Carolyn..

Pam

July 24, 2011 at 10:35 AM  
Blogger CarolynBBDish said...

Grendon - Actually it's easier to write about them from an unbiased point of view, because you come to realize that they're *all* really a
great bunch of kids.. Even Jessie.

Just write what's happening... Everyone's in there to win. People will be drawn to some HGs more than others, and that's fine, but they all deserve equal treatment from me.. and I really strive to give it to them.

July 24, 2011 at 10:43 AM  
Blogger Michigan Man said...

Awesome interview Carolyn

Thanks for giving us the best BB coverage possible.

July 24, 2011 at 10:43 AM  
Blogger CarolynBBDish said...

Thanks, Sassy! :) She's a doll!

Thanks, JLuvs!! Yayyy!! You're back!! :)

Thanks, Seany! :) I'm so glad! :)

Thanks, Grendon! :)

Thanks, Pam!! :) Me too! I was so flattered.. and by you!! :)

Thanks, Michigan Man! :)

July 24, 2011 at 10:50 AM  
Blogger Marci said...

Kudos Carolyn! Nice interview and man Elissa is beautiful!

I TRY to give the HG's a break too, cuz I know I could NEVER deal in that house.

And I thought HG's families got free feeds? hmmmmmmmm Nice of her to order them here tho.

July 24, 2011 at 10:54 AM  
Blogger Marci said...

Oh, and HI everyone!!! Sorry!

July 24, 2011 at 10:54 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Great interview Carolyn! I think many of us, myself included, tend to get so wrapped up in the game that we forget these people have family that have nothing to do with the show, and the comments can hurt them if read. Thank you for helping me remember this fact! I'm looking forward to part 2!

July 24, 2011 at 12:15 PM  
Blogger NikkiP44 said...

Oh Carolyn, what a treat! I think that Noreen is great. I actually feel much better about Brenchel.

July 24, 2011 at 1:01 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

Hey, Carolyn! Good interview; great questions!

I totally enjoy your posts, because you *are* completely unbiased! I have favs, sure, but i agree they all deserve the benefit of the doubt. I'm old enough to know these are, for the most part, *kids* playing a stressful, strategy game, and emotions will get out of line from time to time. I gotta confess, each year, I hope BB puts someone over 40 in there, who's not a 'head-case', so us more mature fans can actually root for 'one of our own'. LOL!

Keep up the great work, Carolyn! You are much appreciated!

July 24, 2011 at 1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is for Rachel's mom if she reads the comments.

I want you to know that there are those of use who love the spunk, and competitiveness your daughter and Brendon brings to this game. They really want to win and you can tell it has been difficult for them being targeted right away last year. But just because you are paranoid does not mean people are not after you. I do enjoy them in the house. I think both have beautiful hearts and a true passion for life and one another. Any relationship is difficult and I pretend not to know what theirs is like outside of this crazy place. I usually do not comment or read the comments because of all the negativity, but this Blog is as kind as any of them out there.

Have I seen Rachel and Brendon act silly or do stupid things in this game? Sure have, but who would not in a game where you are living in a pressure cooker? I find them to be loyal and fun. They haven't done anything that others aren't doing or haven't been done in the house before. But people criticize them simply because they don't like their blunt and abrasive way of being sometimes. Well, at least they aren't boring. I never understood the hate towards them and don't try arm chair psychology. I am far from perfect myself. There is so much hatred in the world so to read all the mean stuff about people we don't really know is disheartening. Please give both Rachel and Brendon a big hug from those of us who don't like ridicule and tell them to not bother with the haters. I think they are great competitors. After all, this is a game and not a talk show. :-)

Good luck with those wedding preparations! <3

Mia - an Arizona 'fan' (hate that term).

July 24, 2011 at 1:51 PM  
Blogger Carole said...

All I can say about Rachel's mom is it's great that she is such a positive mom, wanting the best for her daughter.
I know, as a mom, I could never watch the feeds if I knew there was intimate sessions being shown. TMI.

July 24, 2011 at 2:04 PM  
Blogger Simply Sam said...

Warmth most definitely describes you perfectly, Carolyn. And, you attract it and harness it as well.

THAT is why I've been a happy Dishee for so many years now. I just love the patooty outta you, and everyone, that participates here in our very warm, growing, family.

~Smoochies!~

♥ ♥ ♥

July 24, 2011 at 4:30 PM  
Blogger O-H Steph I-O said...

Great interview Caro! I didn't get a chance to read it yesterday with my son being deployed and a scheduled nervous breakdown :) I have also read other blogs and they seems to have no rules of conduct. I love yours because the nastiness isn't tolerated. I've raised 4 children to know and understand that they never have the right to be cruel, they don't have to like another everyone but never be cruel. I love reading Noreen's view and personal insight. If she reads this I want her to know that I hope Brendon and Rachel have a long happy life with many babies.

August 29, 2011 at 3:04 AM  
Blogger P.J. Trpster said...

Nice interview. Thanks for the extras you toss in, the family interviews and such. She sounds like such a loving mother, but where is part 2 hiden?

August 31, 2011 at 9:17 PM  
Blogger reality voyeur said...

wow, shes really sweet. cant wait for part two. she sounds like a southern lady.

September 17, 2011 at 12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below